Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Known Strangers

It was a long day yesterday.
The aeroplane which had to fly us from Arkansas to Cincinnati suffered a technical fault. Delay in its departure made us to change the flight and route ( Arkansas - Charlotte - Durham) at the last minute. The bags which were already checked in were not transferred to the new flight in time which caused a commotion.
By the time I reached home in Durham it was 12.30 a.m.
May be a test for my adaptability in U.S.A
I came back from school after mid session. Slept off for a long time. Now I am perfectly O.K

The regional meeting was over. I may not meet most of these Fulbrighters whom I met here again in my life.
We are all with the similar professional challenges, difficulties, emotions and feelings. We are sailing on the same boat. We shared our experiences, learnt from each other and departed to our respective places.
Fulbright formed a bond and relation among us, the 'known strangers'. It is a great feeling to mingle with people from different corners of the world and develop an emotional relationship with them.

I was presented an Arkansas traveller memento and a Little rock diamond by Dr. Walter Nunn ( The Daddy, a nick name given to him for his hospitality) the coordinator of this successful regional meeting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vamsi, you have echoed my feelings. We really have such weird feeling that is hard to explain. Only a fellow Fulbrighter can understand this. Keep writing.

Anonymous said...

Jab KRISHNA tumhare sath hei tho tumhara JAI hi JAI hoga...HARE KRISHNA, HARE RAMA...

Anonymous said...

hello sir this is abhishek

Anonymous said...

remember me sir abhishek ranjan singh delhi.its really nice to see you there.