Saturday, October 18, 2008

Farmers' Market

To visit farmers market on became part of my Saturday's routine . It is just down my street. The fun thing is a vendor, the lady in the above picture speaks Tamil. If not to buy the vegetables for the whole week, I go to farmer's market to talk to her. I am happy to see Eggplant (Brinjal), Lokra (Ladies fingers), hot peppers ( green/red Chilly) Tomatoes, Yogurt ( curd) are being sold here. Most of the other stuff is typically local.

The market is one of the very few places where I see more people. Unlike the colourful, crowded, busy Indian roads the Durham roads have more cars running than people walking on.

http://www.durhamfarmersmarket.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vegetables look very much fresh like in INDIA!....Are they a product of ORGANIC FARMING or.....???....Very thoughtful of the lady to make you feel at home.....whats her name?

Anonymous said...

I too enjoyed the farmers' market in my town. But I cant visit it every saturday, as there are no buses over the weekend, and I dont have a car.