Saturday, October 25, 2008

God is blessing me.


It was a great coincidence that when I chose to visit a Church today it is its 142nd anniversary.
The White Rock Baptist Church is celebrating its 142 strong and relevant congregational years here in the city of Durham. I spent 3 spiritual hours hours in the serene Church, witnessing the baptizing, the preachings and the prayers. The Church is really beautiful and the huge organ just above the dias is a great attraction. It is only a second time that I visited a Church in my life and very first time that I spent a significantly long time in a Church.
The visit made me curious to know and learn about Christianity and Baptism.

What I could understand is-
In Christianity, baptism (Greek "immersing", "performing ablutions”) is the ritual act, with the use of water, by which one is admitted as a full member of the Church. Baptism has traditionally been seen as necessary for 'salvation'. Baptism is one of the Seven sacraments of the Christian Church; frequently called the "first sacrament", the "door of the sacraments", and the "door of the Church".
All sacraments were instituted for the spiritual good of the recipients; but five, viz. Baptism, Confirmation, Penance, the Eucharist, and Extreme Unction, primarily benefit the individual in his private character, whilst the other two, Orders and Matrimony, primarily affect man as a social being, and sanctify him in the fulfillment of his duties towards the Church and society.

I thank Fulbright Commission for giving me this wonderful opportunity of participating in teacher exchange program that allowed me to explore places, meet people witness the various events and learn about Culture. When I look back into my blog I feel proud to see the activity I could do during these two months. It will certainly make me more mature and learnt.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD.........LET THERE BE SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS.....ON YOU ALWAYS.....