Friday, September 26, 2008

Tissue- Issues

This is funny. I don’t have the habit of using a hand kerchief which is a must back in humid n hot south India India and on my busy days I went along with my oily face. I was suggested a many times by many of my friends about this. O.K, I took my American tour as an opportunity to change some of my habits and made sure that my purchases for the American tour have half a dozen hankies. After coming here I never had to use a hankie and the bunch of hankies I bought are lying in my suit case. See variety of the tissue used here ( the size, texture, and the design). Quilted towels, ultra soft, restroom tissue, napkins, facial tissue... I think I planned my journey properly till I came here but here are some mistakes I made in planning my luggage for the ones in the future not to commit. I purchased electric toaster and iron press (both 220 V ) but they are not useful here. In fact my furnished apartment has these two. I did not give importance to sport shoes thinking about the space they occupy in the baggage and I am missing them here right from day one. My mother suggested me to carry chilly powder ( We, South Indians use a lot of it in cooking) I did not mind her advice thinking about the Custom's check etc and I spent weeks searching the shops for it as it is sold as ‘Cayenne pepper’. And the biggest- I bought a fancy N series Cell phone for Rs. 11000 to use in USA, but the only use of it now is as alarm clock, and in the past one month the total number of calls I got was 3 (just kidding). Most of my calling is through Skype.

No comments: