Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Meetings

Today has been a long day. We had a meeting arranged by the DPS appointed Mentor till 3.30 and then a PTSA meeting (like parent teacher meeting) conducted at 6pm and I reached home just now.

Let me brief my work at school.
We have A day - B day schedule. On A day I have 3 Algebra II classes (1, 2, and 4th periods) and on B days two (1 and 2 periods). There are 4 periods per day and the periods that you need not attend the classes are called planning periods.
The students that I teach on A day will meet me again a day after. At an average the time they spend is 35 min per day in a week, as in K.Vs. Though it is not conventional (as we feel the student should be in touch with alll the subjects daily) this schedule allows more time for project based learning.
I feel A days exhausting and tiring. Not because of the extra period but because of the student behavior in the classes. The A day classes are bigger in number and have more challenging kids.
More of my class room reality is not far away to be released on my blog.

One of the good things about the New Tech High School is that it is blessed with a parent community who take the responsibility of the their ward's behavior. By and large, they support the teachers and insist their wards to follow the instruction of the teachers.
I am planning to bring forth some more cool things about New Tech.

Don't miss to watch the Irish dance that I shot in Art Fest.
http://www.blogger.com/video-play.mp4?contentId=47e3238d7610d5a7&type=video%2Fmp4

No comments: