Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Fulbright family




This is the Fulbright family the 8 Indian Fulbright teachers with their exchange partners.
My exchange partner is Matthew Sears (the tall guy in the second photo graph).
He is really of his size as a teacher, a diverse personality with varied talents. I adore his accomplishments as a teacher.
He is the teacher of the year in Durham County 2007-08, a good golf coach and a definition for techno savvy.
The very concept of job swap is exiting and challenging.
If Matt finds it difficult to prepare for 5 different classes each day, I feel bored to teach the same concepts in 5 sections of same class/grade. As I wonder at the infrastructure and technology available in the American Schools, he wonders at the focus and vigor of the Indian students to learn. If Matt is overwhelmed by the attention and respect he gets in Indian schools, I am struggling here to manage with the discipline in the class and to reach my instruction to the students with varied learning abilities.
wait to see 'my experiences'....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vamsi,

I found your blog through Matt's blog. I am enjoying reading about your experiences. I can't wait to read more!

Holly Jordan
(My husband Nick and I had Indian food with you and Ellen back in August.)

vamsi krishna said...

Thak you for your interest in my blog. keeep reading. I would really love to hear more and more comments from you.
vamsi