Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Durham Arts Festival

The last week was very constructive in terms of reaching the community. I am exposed to a lot of American culture, music and art. I felt like 'aha.' It is a rare oppurtunity to attend such a festival (exhibition, what we call in India) in America.
Thanks to Mrs. Sears, for her time to take me to the tour and for her patience to answer my questions.
I appreciate her knowledge and understanding of North Carolina. She belongs to Ohio. But she has a lot of information about this state.
The festival is about promotion of art and culture. Different styles of art and craft are displayed by the artists in small tents. And the artists enjoyed explaining their work to the visitors. Many forms of dance and music are presented. Few I witnessed are Irish dance, Poca band, Arabian belly dance and southern band. I took loads of pictures and a lot of video for you and few are open today.








India or America, teenage girls are for Henna.














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good photographs -reminds me of exhibition stalls in India.