Tuesday, November 25, 2008

November Dances 2008

Dance is recently added to the list of my explorations when I went to Bryan Center Duke University.
On Sunday the Reynolds theater hosted the November Dances 2008, a semester end performance of Duke students.
The Dance Concert is a mix of Modern Dance , Ballet and African Dances. It is really a perfect opportunity for me to see different dance forms on the same stage. The performances included ''My Body- My House'', ''Meet Clair'', Ve' Ve', ''A Proper Hysteric'' and ''Torelli''. The first and last were modern Dances, second and fourth colourful Ballet dances and Ve' Ve choreographed by Mr Vin sett is an African fusion dance ( depicting the ritual art of ground painting.)
If African Dance enthralled me with its mood and movement, modern dance is like testing me to understand the theme of the performance. I am really fascinated by the coordination showed by the Ballet group standing perfectly on their toes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.