Friday, November 14, 2008

my first snow fall

Santa Fe - Grand Canyon trip has added one more gr8 experience in my life. I witnessed a Snow Fall for the first time. On my return from Grand Canyon I stayed for a night in a historic city 'Flag Staff'. Craig and Kim Holland (an ex-fulbrighter) hosted us. It snowed for hours that night. I spent a long time watching the piling up to inches through the transparent doors and windows enjoying an 'apple pie' near a wood burner. By the dawn I jumped out the house to play with the snow. It was picturesque all around. I helped Craig in wiping the snow off the car, I made snow balls and threw into the air. Ran inside the house got warmth and went out again to play and to see the snow melting and pouring down the roof gradually.
To the cotrast on my way to Flag staff from Grand Canyon I saw acres and acres of half burnt trees left from the last year's forest fire.